Author Topic: 1 injured after car crashes into SF bus shelter, police say  (Read 421 times)

Offline EvaWheatley

• View Profile
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A pedestrian was injured this weekend by a car that crashed into a bus shelter in San Francisco, police said.
It happened at approximately 4:50 p.m. Saturday at the bus stop at Fulton Street and Park Presidio Boulevard, right across the street from Golden Gate Park.
Officers rendered aid and medics arrived on scene who transported the adult male to the hospital for non-life-threatening injuries
The car ended up on top of a "yield to pedestrians" sign.
This comes following a devastating crash when a 78-year-old woman crashed into a bus shelter in West Portal on March 16.
All four family members, the parents and two children were killed.
The driver of the West Portal crash, who was also injured, has not been formally charged, her lawyer said.
The image of the crash near Golden Gate Park was taken by San Francisco resident Jen Nossokoff. She released a statement writing:
"I'm broken that exactly one week after the horrific tragedy in West portal, I witnessed a man being put on a stretcher after suffering a head injury from yet another car crashing into people who were waiting at a bus stop. This time in my neighborhood. Four children have already died at the hands of traffic violence in San Francisco so far this year. It should go without saying that that is unacceptable. We need immediate action in both policy and design solutions. One of the simplest things we can do is put bollards up at bus stops, and we should start installing them tonight."

Offline alexender

• View Profile
    • coinfuse
Re: 1 injured after car crashes into SF bus shelter, police say
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2024, 08:53:29 AM »
All four family members—the parents and two children—were killed.
The driver of the West Portal crash, who was also injured, has not been formally charged, her lawyer said.
The image of the crash near Golden Gate Park was taken by San Francisco resident Jen Nossokoff. She released a statement, writing:
"I'm broken that exactly one week after the horrific tragedy in West Portal, I witnessed a man being put on a stretcher after suffering a head injury from yet another car crashing into people who were waiting at a bus stop. This time in my neighborhood. Four children have already died at the hands of traffic violence in San Francisco so far this year. It should go without saying that that is unacceptable. We need immediate action on both policy and design solutions. One of the simplest things we can do is put bollards up at bus stops, and we should start installing them tonight."

Offline CaitlinJulian

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2024, 08:59:18 AM »
I think this is terrible news, but I'm very glad that no one died. Since unfortunately most accidents end very badly for many people

Offline RoseDibdin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2024, 10:19:37 AM »
It's alarming to hear about the incident in San Francisco where a car crashed into a bus shelter, injuring one person. Thankfully, the injury wasn't more severe, but it serves as a reminder of the potential dangers present in our urban environments. Authorities should investigate the cause of the crash thoroughly to prevent similar incidents in the future.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2024, 12:26:27 PM by RoseDibdin »

Offline CaitlinJulian

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2024, 02:37:32 PM »
Hey everyone, I hope you're all doing well. I stumbled upon this thread while searching for legal services in San Francisco, and I thought I'd share my findings with you all. After thorough research, I came across Kermani LLP, a law firm based in San Francisco that offers a wide range of legal services tailored to individuals and businesses alike. From corporate law to intellectual property matters, they seem to cover it all. If anyone here is in need of legal assistance or advice in the San Francisco area, you might want to check them out at https://www.kermanillp.com/san-francisco. Feel free to share your experiences or recommendations for legal services in the area too!
« Last Edit: June 05, 2024, 02:41:23 PM by CaitlinJulian »

P.S. Do you want to see how we made $14,178.00 Dollars Last Month?

Click Here For All The Info!

Free Advertising Forum Post Ads Online